Saturday, 21 October 2017

LO2 - D1- Disscus the Legal and ethical constraints within the planned media campaign

Legal and ethical constraints

Brochure
For my brochure I will make sure that a variety of people are used in the advertisement and not be offensive in the way I present people. This is extremely important as the advertisement reflects College@Deyes. The advert will have both boys and girls to make it look inclusive as the College wants everyone to feel welcome, also there needs to be no seclusion, as this will give the school a bad reputation.  The brochure also needs to be truthful otherwise it will be breaking the law. Any statistics used need to be truthful otherwise it will be libel. The images I am using for my advertisement must be free from copyright or have permission for the copyright holder to use the image. ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) regulate all advertisements across the UK.

Radio Advert

To avoid any ethical or legal issues for my campaign I will make sure that the advert addresses everybody and doesn’t leave any one based on variables such as gender and race. The radio can’t broadcast anything that is untrue, as that would be liable and that is breaking a law and as a consequence you could end up paying a fine. Regulators for radio adverts are ASA. They regulate all broadcasts across the UK. Other regulators include Ofcom and IPSO. Another law to keep in mind is copy right, any content that is not original requires permission from the copyright holder. Another thing you can’t have in a radio advert is talking about sensitive ethical issues that could cause an audience member to be hurt or offended.

I will need permission of any people involved in the radio advert and featured in the brochure. I have created permission forms to give to any personnel involved. I will also need permission of Deyes, to use any logos or images. 

Permission slip (click image to enlarge)


Email, requesting to use Deyes' logo (click image to enlarge)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Radio advert